Send Email to other users?

benj420

I don't know what the proper forum is for this question, so I will ask it here. Is the "send an email to other user" function disabled ? I have "Allow email from other users" checked in my profile, but it still is not allowed when you attempt it. Any ideas? It would be really nice to be able to get emails from users, but I am not really into posting my email address on a forum because it turns into spam bait.

hot883

Originally Posted by Benj420
I don't know what the proper forum is for this question, so I will ask it here. Is the "send an email to other user" function disabled ? I have "Allow email from other users" checked in my profile, but it still is not allowed when you attempt it. Any ideas? It would be really nice to be able to get emails from users, but I am not really into posting my email address on a forum because it turns into spam bait.
The mods and or owner of this site have disabled that portion. If you want email, display your email address for all to see in your post, if you want to recieve email that is. Ha!

J

jdragunas

yeah, i gave my email address in a forum once... now i get these chain letters all of the time... It's cool, though. Most of em are jokes.

benj420

Yeah, that's why I don't want to post my address. Do any of the mods want to reply with the official version? Is it too much overhead for the server? a liability of some sort?