Seneca Park Zoo Reef

timo

I took these pictures last July visiting the Seneca Park Zoo reef exhibit, located in Rochester, N.Y.
I know nothing about the system except that it's awesome.
Right across from it is the polar bear area. One of the finest zoo's in America.

bang guy

Some of the stuff in there was fragged from my tank :D
This was a project from the Upstate Reef Society of which I am a member.
There used to be a really stratched up tank there with dying fish and the URS found volunteers and donations to make it an awesome reef tank. David Playfair and many others really put a LOT of hard work and time into that system. It is still mostly maintained by the URS.

thangbom

umm like hum.. i thought that those coral looked familiar!!! hehe he j/p
man bang guy.. u scare me somethimes.....actually a lot of times...

joker_ca

WOW, what a great looking tank!!!! Impressive BANG that you hand your hand in the makeing of that reef :joy: :joy: :joy:

bang guy

If you're interested in all the "Behind the Scenes" stuff then do a web search on "Upstate Reef Society" (I'm the fat guy in blue on the upper far left of the porch).
Find the "Project Zoo" link on the upper right and there's a ton of info with pictures.

timo

Guy, I've been going to that zoo since I was a kid. When I read that they had a reef tank, I had to go. Rochester is my hometown, so on a July visit I took my mother and the camera.
I also visited local stores, Carribean Reef.. I think was one of them.. and spoke with the owner ( the store where the wife does woodwork), and he spoke of URS's involvement.
I knew this thread would catch your eye.
Thanks everyone for viewing.
Tim