sequence experience?

cj7eagle

I am looking into getting the sequence reeflo snapper. I am curious as to how loud it is. does anyone have any experience with any of the sequence pumps?

cannarella

I have a Sequence 1000 series 4300 GPH on my temp setup running my PS and CL and it has worked perfect for the past 1.5 years. It is big. The only thing I could suggest is to upsize the inlet pipe to prevent any cavitation. So my pump has a 1.5" inlet and I upped the supply to it to 2".
Andy

jmesmcm

I ran the Marlin for about 4 months, ultra-quiet pump with hardly any heat transfer, I loved it but it wasn't strong enough when I upgraded my tank from a 90 with a single return to a 120 with dual returns. I wasn't getting teh amount of flow I wanted so I upgraded it to a barracuda which is also great.

scsinet

Arguably (and certainly IMO), Sequence makes THE finest pumps. They are pricey, but they are incredibly good quality, quiet, efficient, and powerful.
I am not a fan of using the low speed pumps (snapper, dart, etc) as returns though. They don't handle a lot of head pressure and they lose a LOT of flow when the pipe size is reduced. Since they have 1.5" outputs and most people don't have 1.5" returns, you are going to have to reduce at some point.
I prefer the UNO series (Tarpon, Wahoo, Marlin) for return use. The other very very nice thing about the UNO pumps is that they use off the shelf Baldor motors, so if you ever need bearings or anything else having to do with the motor, any motor repair shop will be able to work on them, and for cheap.