serious? pay to be able to buy a sporting even seat?

bronco300

hope i'm not late but good grief, certain NFL teams are now making the fans that want to watch the game in stadium have to PAY to be able to buy a ticket??? could this be true, thousands just for the chance to buy a ticket?? That's absolutely insane...I'd have no problem doing away with the NFL if they're going to start making insane charges on everything they absolutely can. Take some of the players money
i'm sure 1/16th of each players salary would take care of the stadium itself.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8305630

digitydash

I think it would depend on the team.Like NY teams,GB,Chicago and some others are always sold out and are passed down threw the familys and hardly ever have openings.JJ is crazy thinking what he thinking for his new stadium.

reefraff

I wont even buy licensed merchandise for sports teams any more. It's just gotten insane what some of these teams are doing.

stdreb27

Why people will pay it?
Why blame the players their salaries are capped. Now the owners on the other hands are the real bandits.
Did you see what Jerry Jones is planning on charging for Cowboys tickets. I've never be able to go to a cowboys game ever once they move into their new stadium.

J

jrthomas40

thats an easy fix IMO...if they want to charge you before buying a ticket then charge you for the ticket...fix= dont go to the game watch it on tv..yeah they will still make money from being on tv and other ways AND there is nothing better than being at the game BUT i garuntee you if the stadium dont fill they will be doing everything they can to get the fans back in the seats...right now i dont think other than paying to park they are charging for tailgating...we may not be able to boycott gas prices but by gosh we can boycott what few somewhat affordable entertainment we have to be almost reasonablly priced...even though it is for season ticket holders

cowfishrule

i have to agree on this.
an empty stadium does wonders. although, the stadium will not just be for football, so to really send a message, all events there will have to be boycotted.
but, it will never happen. those that are willing to pay have already made up their minds.

aquaknight

Agreed, if the supply is there, people who don't mind paying twice for tickets, (read dumb enough) so be it. Look at the FL Marlins/Tampa Bay Rays/Orlando Magic, empty seats, $70 for season tickets. Magic made the pay-offs, tickets sky rocketed in price, much the Rays tix will as well. Empty seats will get rid of that extra charge in no time...

ruaround

4 years ago one could get a great seat for a Seahawks game @ Qwest Filed for under $60... im talkin 3rd row in the endzone or front row second level... they went to the super bowl and a ticket in the nose bleeds is over $80... totally ridiculous!!!

bronco300

stupid teams...you want the super amazing stadium and can't do figures correct then i guess they better come up with a better alternative then putting it on tickets...NFL cheeleader car washes,lol...but really, i saw what dallas was proposing and its just sick...i usually only go to one a season(broncos colts
) if i can...so hopefully the colts wont take this crap on with the new stadium we're building..or there goes my one game and i'll just sit in front of my tv screaming.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2677647
stupid teams...you want the super amazing stadium and can't do figures correct then i guess they better come up with a better alternative then putting it on tickets...NFL cheeleader car washes,lol...but really, i saw what dallas was proposing and its just sick...i usually only go to one a season(broncos colts
) if i can...so hopefully the colts wont take this crap on with the new stadium we're building..or there goes my one game and i'll just sit in front of my tv screaming.
You could buy a SICK theater room for what you can buy season tickets for these days. Heck you could almost buy a house.

bronco300

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2677653
You could buy a SICK theater room for what you can buy season tickets for these days. Heck you could almost buy a house.
very true, maybe i'll mention that to the other half

cowfishrule

really, what this does is seperate the team from the very people that love it.
most high-end folk or corporations dont think twice about paying this.
what it does, especially nowadays, is kills the idea of a family going to watch a game, or a father bringing his young son to his first football game. these very people that actually enjoy the game and dont get the opportunity to go very often, if ever.

payton 350

simple economics of supply and demand. There are also the idiots (us fans) that continue to buy these tickets at outrages prices. Can you blame the owner for raising the prices as much as they can and milk every single cent out of you that they can. If a new stadium is gonna be built , guess who pays for it, you.........In Indy, i'm sure they will do PSL's too. It's stupid and a nice scam. You pay for a chance at a ticket. Don't blame the players for making too much money, you pay their salary's .....

bronco300

Originally Posted by Payton 350
http:///forum/post/2677661
simple economics of supply and demand. There are also the idiots (us fans) that continue to buy these tickets at outrages prices. Can you blame the owner for raising the prices as much as they can and milk every single cent out of you that they can. If a new stadium is gonna be built , guess who pays for it, you.........In Indy, i'm sure they will do PSL's too. It's stupid and a nice scam. You pay for a chance at a ticket. Don't blame the players for making too much money, you pay their salary's .....
yeaaaa...i can blame the owners...i have no problem sticking with the original stadiums...I liked the RCA dome for one, it was smaller but there wasn't a single bad seat in there...every game i went to was of course 3 rows from the top, but when you're in a stadium like that the view is still great even if you're not right down there, the feeling of it is wonderful(even if all the colts fans are making fun of you for your broncos hat,haha)...oh well, life will move on

J

jrthomas40

its all craziness...i fogot about other events being at these stadiums...i believe texas A&m and notre dame are already scheduled to play in the new stadium in 2012 i think is the year whatever year it is supposed to be done

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2677671
yeaaaa...i can blame the owners...i have no problem sticking with the original stadiums...I liked the RCA dome for one, it was smaller but there wasn't a single bad seat in there...every game i went to was of course 3 rows from the top, but when you're in a stadium like that the view is still great even if you're not right down there, the feeling of it is wonderful(even if all the colts fans are making fun of you for your broncos hat,haha)...oh well, life will move on
i have high hopes for the broncos this year but i was a little disheartened with news of b. marshalls latest leagal trouble

bronco300

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
http:///forum/post/2677679
i have high hopes for the broncos this year but i was a little disheartened with news of b. marshalls latest leagal trouble
always high hopes!!! seems to have some sort of legal issues with their players...but thats ok, they can work around it and get in there still..i have faith in shanahan

payton 350

This is why now most of the sporting events i go to are minor league levels. Yeah the talent isn't as good, but its still a lot of fun and the prices are perfect. Lawn seats for 5 bucks. ......i wish i was closer to a major college , then i would go to those instead of the pro teams.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Payton 350
http:///forum/post/2677691
This is why now most of the sporting events i go to are minor league levels. Yeah the talent isn't as good, but its still a lot of fun and the prices are perfect. Lawn seats for 5 bucks. ......i wish i was closer to a major college , then i would go to those instead of the pro teams.
its harder to get a ticket to a major college game than it is a pro game around here anyway...most times the only way to get an alabama or auburn ticket is to either be alumni, current student, or season ticket holder anything else even for a game like bama vs south east carolina is ridiculously high...right now look up your favorite college team and see if you can find a ticket price and tell us how much it is