setting up 10 gallon

srt80

I am fixing to set up a 10 gallon. Right now, I have the 10 gallon tank (20x10x12), black base, like the MB7 base, 24" 65 watt aqualight with 50/50, 50 watt visi therm heater, penguin 125 bio wheel & penguin mini bio wheel (thinking about using both on each end for movement, any thoughts?). Now the light hangs off 2 inches each side, but the bulb is actually only 21 inches so not much light is being wasted. This is ok right? The corals I plan to keep are: Toadstool mushroom leather coral, Starbust polyps, Colony polyps, pumping xenia, and asst. mushrooms. I was wondering how many lbs of live sand I should go with? There's a few people on ---- who sales fully cured live rock for a good price. I plan to purchase the saltwater from LFS, $1.00 a gallon. So, should I go ahead and fill the tank with the water and sand, then when live rock arrives, add it? Any info on helping me set this up would be much appeciated.
Thanks, Steve

clarkiiclo

Your light should be fine.
A good guideline for LS is 1.5 pounds per gallon. Or a 2" bed.
Provide as much circulation as you can so both of those filters should be good.
You may end up adding a powerhead if you find any dead spots.
If it was me I would wait until you get the rock and put it all in at once. That way the rock will help cycle the tank.
Mix the water first though. Dont do it in the tank. It is easier in a bucket anyways.