setting up a reef tank

hot883

Originally Posted by BNortin97
how do i set up my LR do i just stack it or do i need some type of epoxy? so it wont fall
There are of course different opinions but what I did is place the largest on the bottom against the glass, then the sand goes in next. Carefully wiggle or stack the rest. If epoxy is needed go with a superglue gel. Take them out, wipe or dab dry and squirt some gel against the rocks and hold the next piece against it. Good luck.

jobob

when i set mine up it took me a good hour or so to get them fitting like a puzzle. it will take a while but its worth it. i do use epoxy to hold corals down, but i am sure it will work good for live rock. i think it will take a lot longer with epoxy. cause you have to fit it then epoxy it. plus you can not move them once they are in place. well u could but it will take a muscle.

bnortin97

i already have my sand in it so do i move the sand so the rock is touching the bottom and do you have to use any type of glue or can you just stack it if you have to use glue what kind do you suggest

hkdonreefs

Just push the rock through the sand till it touches the bottom. You dont need to epoxy just make sure its stable.