setting up an ro/di

officerricv

hello reefers,
i took the advice and contacted the typhoon man and the unit is on the way, i set the tank up to cycle the rock with distilled water. what i would like to know is what u all do with the r/o. such as making and storing the storing the water for top offs and water changes? do i need to add salt to the water for top offs? after making water how long can i store it before adding?
THNX

dive1

I placed mine in the garage hooked up to a 55gal plastic drum with a float cut off. I keep circulation pump in this durm. I can pump out of the durm to fill 5gal water jugs (I keep 10 of these filled.). Then I also hooked the ro/di unit thru pvc and tubing to a float in the sump for auto refill of daily evaporation. This way you do not have to carry water except for water changes and the level stays the same at all time. This means less wk and change of water quality such as gravity , temp , ect. It was the best upgrade I have made. I got tired of cking the sump and cartring water everyday instead of enjoying my reef. Good luck. terry