setting up aqua c

amadent

:notsure: I'm setting up an Aqua C Remora pro with the skimmer box tonight. It's going on a 72 bow. Is there anything i need to know other than what is in the directions? Are there any suggestions on what height to set the skimmer cup . I am taking off another unit that I am very unhappy with. Should have read before buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Any info will be appreciated.

f14peter

Just need to be sure that the skimmer box is mounted low enough so that sufficient water enters through the inlet slots, probably take a little trial-and-error. If the box is too high (And this could be a millimeter or two), not enough water will get in and the pump will empty the box. On mine, the top of the box is barely above the surface.
Good choice in skimmers though, works great and easy to empty/clean. The box is good too as it insures that only surface water enters the skimmer, and even though the box is much bigger than a pump, to me it looks better than having a pump dangling down in the tank (With just the blue actinics on, I can barely see the box). Presumably, coraline will grow on it and make it seem more like part of the tank.

amadent

f14 peter
thanks for the info. I'm leaving work now, 1/2 a day 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, to set it up.

al mc

Amadent....Great skimmer.....The rubber ring/gasket on mine dry rotted after several months and I found it skimmed even better with the cup in the lowest position. I have used two and both required a slight break in period (2-3 days) before they started skimming the heck out of my tanks.
My only other comment is to try to use the leveling screw tabbs to make sure the unit is almost perfectly parallel to the tank...