Shark Eggs

profion

This week my friend wants me to come with him to pick up a shark egg at our lfs. When he selects livestock he doesnt seem to pay attention, he just says "Ill take one of these". But this Egg Im sure has to be healthy or it wont hatch.
My question is whats the best sign's of finding a good shark egg? And is it possible that instead of getting a bamboo shark egg, he could get something entirely different like a nurse or something?
Thnx in advance

whipple

if the egg is mature enough you can see the shark through the egg. but im not sure on the different types.

risc

profion:
I have never encountered an egg that wasn't healthy enough to hatch. When they are picked by divers they don't need to be netted or poisoned, as some divers do, to collect them. Since they don't move they can be just picked up and brought back to the supply house without problems. Hatching a newborn shark isn't a good idea for a first timer getting a shark. Buying a already eating live animal is the best option.
No one should be buying a nurse shark unless they have a tank of at least 5,000 gallons. So unless your friend has one of those don't buy one of them either. If he has a big enough tank for a bamboo shark, get an already hatched one. That is the best option.
Jim