shark lagoon

teakwood12

"If you have an outside or inside ground area that is at least 4 feet long and 2 feet wide and the air temperature is not too extreme, you can successfully build a shark lagoon. If the air temperature is extreme, purchasing additional equipment can make it work. I'll tell you how!
http://www.sharklagoon.com/index.htm"
im sorry but that is just wrong.....poor sharks

dennycrane

I'm interested in knowing what sort of sharks are in that lagoon. Lemons perhaps? I think unless you are in an area where you can connect your outdoor lagoon to a natural saltwater source, you are setting yourself up for one hellofa challenge. Outdoor lagoons IMHO are subject to too many variables - weather, evaporation, contaminants, etc. The only lagoon that I've ever seen in person that was unbelievable was the lagoon system the Mauna Lani Hotel had in Big Island, Hawaii. Sharks, rays, triggers, tangs - everything that is in the coral reefs in the waters off the hotel could swim in and out of grated tunnels connected to the ocean. The sharks were held back by the grates, so only they couldn't escape (though occasionally a fish will swim through and eat so much it won't be able to escape). There are pictures of the lagoons at http://www.maunalani.com/a_s_sharkpond.htm
Anywho, 2X4 is just cruel...but they are trying to sell e-books, so what do they care. :mad:

cartman101

Originally Posted by jr2857
cartman you got 1 more year to adore your tank before you go to college ***)
AY! Respect ma authoritaw!

shu-perman

the problem I see w/ that lagoon is weather....when it rains for a few days in a row you would get run off from the surrounding areas as well as rain water to throw off your SG%...that would be a pain in the butt to maintain...I know the ocean gets rain water but these lagoons aren't 500 bazillion gallons....I have to admitt it looks cool as hell....

waterpolo

Originally Posted by Shu-perman
the problem I see w/ that lagoon is weather....when it rains for a few days in a row you would get run off from the surrounding areas as well as rain water to throw off your SG%...that would be a pain in the butt to maintain...I know the ocean gets rain water but these lagoons aren't 500 bazillion gallons....I have to admitt it looks cool as hell....

Yeah but how is it only 500 bucks to setup one?

shu-perman

If you dig a deep hole and line it w/ visqueen and lay sand over the top...that wil create your lagoon for about $50....leaving $450 for a couple pumps heaters and saltwater....but including teh sharks tooo :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:

waterpolo

If you dig a deep hole and line it w/ visqueen and lay sand over the top...that wil create your lagoon for about $50....leaving $450 for a couple pumps heaters and saltwater....but including teh sharks tooo :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:

Plus the food, plus the filtration, plus the sand and much more.

jr2857

water polo it clearly says that "pumps, heaters, sand." don't jump on posts before you really read them thoroughly. i used to do that and i learn from my mistakes

maeistero

ok, i'm going to expand this thread on the original post topic.
i've been planning a shark/ray lagoon of about 6x9 for months now inside in the basement. it seems it would be pretty cheap with the sides lined in pond liner. i would like to find white pond liner to reflect and show more. anyone have pics or advice on it? i've never done an indoor lagoon before, but i figure it to be pretty cheap built with wood and pond liner linked to the filtration of course. this will be in my fish room, so noone will see it but me unless they like my other wall tanks. it would be a side attraction for me when i'm maintaining the wall.
thoughts or pictures would be well appreciated as i'm still in the building stages at this house.

waterpolo

Originally Posted by jr2857
water polo it clearly says that "pumps, heaters, sand." don't jump on posts before you really read them thoroughly. i used to do that and i learn from my mistakes
As a youngster like you, you will make a lot more mistakes. And thanks for reading my mind captain obvious bc I actually did read the thread. YOu jumped all over me just bc I made one small mistake. Chill out or leave.

waterpolo

And by the way Jr it doesn't say anything about sand.

shu-perman

If you dig a deep hole and line it w/ visqueen and lay sand
over the top...that wil create your lagoon for about $50....leaving $450 for a couple pumps heaters and saltwater....but including teh sharks tooo :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
Polo...I did include sand

waterpolo

Polo...I did include sand
Maybe I was blind for that second. Oh well. Sorry guys for being stupid.