Shark Tank Filtration

cincyreefer

Here is a picture of the carbon bucket that removes the ozone, and the filter floss that captures that dead organic material from the ozone. I know it needs changed... It gets dirty rather quickly.

cincyreefer

Yes, it is a shark pond. It is home to a male black tip reef shark that is around 3' and a female that is about 2 1/2'. No, its not exactly mine... we have it at the store. I do most of the maintanence and feeding though.

D

daniel411

Very nice,
Were you there when the owner built it? What are the dimensions? What is the concrete coated with on the water side?

mattiej

Nice cincyreefer, very nice. Especially since you get the joys of a shark tank without the cost of upkeep. And even better you get paid. About how many gallons? I am guessing around 10000 or so? The sharks look great keep me in mind if the pair mates.
I passed your name along to my supplier about the sharpnose, he siad he'll have to discuss your set up, so good luck.
Have an initial site on MSN pertaining to my pool and other
tanks. It will be called TheSharkMan. Hope to have it fully up and running in a week or two.
FYI-I am in the process of ordering a second tank bred bonnethead for my pool. Unfortuantely had to pass on a free leopard. Not good to force leopard to live in tropical water temps!:D

novice150

Cincyreefer: Very nice!
I too would be interested in hearing more about the construction of the tank. What was used to reinforce the cinder blocks? I'm guessing concrete and rebarr? Do you know anything about the mixture of the concrete they used? What was used to seal the seams? 2 part epoxy on the walls?
Can you give us some info on the viewing windows? Glass/acrylic? What was used to seal them?
Also, where are the overflows/returns located?
Sorry for all of the questions ... but I'd really appreciate some insight on the details.:D

cincyreefer

Tony- Yes I think the ozone does make a difference, mainly with algae control. Is it worth the money... Really depends on setup.
MorayMike- The sharks have been in there about 4 years now.
Daniel and Novice- I'll post the construction in a little bit when I have a little more time. I might try and draw the different layers of support as well.
Matt- Yes, it is very helpful when its not my money and I get paid... What more could you ask for? :) You are right... It is 10,000 gallons. Can't wait to see your web site... That should be really cool.
As far as with them breeding, the male continues to show some aggression towards the female and his claspers are still real enlarged. Hopefully the female will become sexually mature in the next year. Of course you are in line for a pup!