Shark Week

kev

I just saw the sharks under glass part, it was really cool. I waanna study aqua medicine now! :D :eek:

N

nanoambiance

I agree, the anatomy of the shark bite was great, but I watched all the beginning about the bull attack, and flipped the channel to miss the home video of the great white attacking the woman and doing what it did to her leg. SHUCKS.
It was neat seeing the cute shark babies tonight in the sharks under glass (about 5 second clip of the guy dipping his hand in the baby tank and holding a bamboo or cat), made me want to buy one, then . . reality hit. :)

saltfisher

The Sharks Under the Glass was a great show. Funny how most of the common sharks that we have are ones that are in a touch/feed pool. Those pics of the Whitetips/Blacktips and Leopards was great. I would so love to have a huge tank where I could let them stay for life. That show made me realize that I will have to eventually put my leopard in the ocean.:(

fishtanker

i was watching "sharks under glass" as well and was wondering. When the people that work at the aquariums were talking there would be a little "blurb" at the bottom with there profession and where they worked. A few of them had "aquarist" as there profession. What exactly is that a fancy way of saying "marine biologist"? I'm an aquarist (i have an aquarium) does that mean i can work at these places, i wonder if their hiring:rolleyes:

offshore80

I was offshore a couple weeks ago and we were casting for yellowfin tuna under a feeding school of bonita when a monster school of hammer head sharks came through. I mean there must of been a hundred or so. They weren't feeding just swimming by. Some in the 14'- 15' range. That was the first time I had ever seen them schooled up like that. Mostly you see 1 or may be 2. But, that was freaky.

coachwah

Shark week is awesome!!! I'm watching it now. I had a leopard about 3 years ago (before I knew), and my wife shreeked "that's how big they get!!!" Some LFS's...I tell ya.

D

daniel411

I'm pumped! I hear that this is a "once" in a life time opportunity to see a week of sharkstuff... SHARK WEEK BABY!!!! WOO HOO

squidd

Originally posted by Daniel411
I don't have cable :(

Me either :(
Saw some previews at a buddies house though...
Guess I'll just have to wait till it comes out on video...;)
:cool:

D

daniel411

Originally posted by Squidd
Me either :(
Saw some previews at a buddies house though...
Guess I'll just have to wait till it comes out on video...;)

It's allright, all I ever watched when I had tv was Simpsons, Friends, and Comedy Central. Why watch tv when you can go outside on a swing set? ;) -kidding

squidd

Originally posted by Daniel411
Why watch tv when you can go outside on a swing set? ;) -kidding

:D :D :D LMAO:D :D :D
I wonder if "I" sound that LAME when I say that to my kids?

moopiespoo

I missed it all week, forgot it was on, They showed the anatomy of a shark bite last night though, and that was very interesting. That mans leg was in shreads, I had no idea thats what it looks like. They are showing all the episodes today starting at 11am PST and I am sure the'll do an oncore later this week. I am sorry to all of you that don't have cable they have such ocean shows on discovery. BTW my hubby and I were wondering what those white fish w/ yellow tailfins were swimming with the reef sharks?

I didnt watch shark week but I saw tonight that new Superstation movie Red Waters, it was hilarious. This sorta goes with sharkweek because its the channel right above the Discovery channel. Lou Diamond Phillips, Kristy Swanson and Coolio. First there is what they said a bullshark in a freshwater river, purposely hunting down people(basically a freshwater jaws). Then you have then the two fisherman(Phillips and costar no name) laughing about bullsharks saying they were a joke to the sheriff. The best part though was Diamond making fun of Coolio about the gansta stlye way he was pointing a pistol at them. It was a very good C rate movie a couple of notches below Deep Blue Sea. Doesnt say much for Kristy Swanson's career unfortunately :(