Shark

ophiura

Smaller one's can be shipped like other fish but larger types, like you find at public aquaria, are shipped in large specially constructed transport tanks with circulation pumps, and generally are regularly monitored for pH, dissolved oxygen, and such.

jtoz116

my LFS has sharks... i saw them ship a nurse shark...they put it in a regular bag that they use for fish..except bigger(in case u didnt know ...lol) and then they put it in a syrofoam box. the shark wasnt that big though.

jimmy234

Originally posted by Booba
Just wondering how they ship sharks.
A big bag or what!!!!:help:

how do they ship sharks?
..... very quickly

masala4080

I was reading a website that sells sharks, they only ship them when the are about 2 feet in length. So I am asuming they need a pretty big bag.

fishnerd

Small, bottom dwelling sharks (Nurses, etc.) are shipped like all other fish. Larger sharks, as well as pelagic sharks are shipped in LARGE boxes.
Beware of shipping charges if ordering a shark online, as the freight can easily hit $100.
Do you have the space for a shark? Please don't buy a Blacktip, Nurse, Leopard, Lemon, etc. They get too big and don't belong in a home aquarium, unless you are a multi-gazillionaire.