Sharks Swimming in Fetid New Orleans Water

carshark

hahhahaa hilarious

funny you mention new orleans yet that plate looks foreign to me...funny stuff

dogstar

At a later date I might would laugh at that myself but I think its much to early to be makeing jokes about this. JMPO

scubadoo

not a joke...a three foot shark was actually spotted swimming in the waters last week...long before all the pollution hit.

First off, that picture is from a european country (look at the license plate).
Secondly, I agree that such a joke is rather distasteful at this point in time. As for the shark actually being spotted . . . . I doubt it. Snakes, yes . . . sharks, no. Find me a news link and then I might believe it.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by 007
Secondly, I agree that such a joke is rather distasteful at this point in time. As for the shark actually being spotted . . . . I doubt it. Snakes, yes . . . sharks, no. Find me a news link and then I might believe it.
The reports are undocumented as far as I know. I did post the undocumented reports as sharks do exist in lake Pontchartrain. If you are not from this area I assume you would not know. This Lake is the one that flooded New Orleans.
A cut and paste..
Our species sample nets catch lots of bull sharks in Lake Borgne and Lake Pontchartrain. A few years ago in one set we had 17 sharks in the net," said LDWF biologist Mark Lawson. "Recently we had a Lake Pontchartrain fishermen call to tell us that just as he was pulling up a 22 inch speckled trout to the surface, a shark severed it behind the gills with one pass. That was no little sand shark (Atlantic sharpnose)."
Yes, it is quite possible a shark was spotted.

scubadoo

Some satellite pictures that show, somewhat, the flooding in New Orleans. I feel lucky that I got to visit last Fall and see it before all this--this seems like such a horrible flood, and while I'm sure the city will recover to some degree it may never be the same.
"A shark has been spotted cruising the flooded streets of New Orleans [15], and fireants and thousands of snakes have been unleashed due to the heavy flooding and Lake Pontchartrain being drained into the majority of the city. On August 31, the mayor stated that the city will probably remain uninhabitable for at least 3 to 4 months." (wikipedia)

scubadoo

By Rick Wilking
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Helicopters plucked frantic survivors from rooftops, debris-fouled water flooded historic New Orleans and hundreds were feared dead on Tuesday after Hurricane Katrina's rampage across the U.S. Gulf Coast.
Authorities made plans to remove thousands of storm refugees from the Superdome stadium and other shelters in New Orleans and drop giant sandbags to plug breaches in the city's protective levee system, which allowed water from Lake Pontchartrain to swamp the streets.
Looters struck the devastated city, rolling carts full of merchandise and carrying bundles from downtown stores.
Officials reported a 3-foot (0.9-metre) shark had been spotted cruising the flooded streets.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by 007
As far as I know, the officail was Aaron Broussard, President of Jefferson parish, just west of New Orleans and a suburb.
I beleive I have provided you with documentation of sharks living in the lake along with reports and the name of the official which reported the sighting. Again, one report and it was a 3 footer. I don' think it caused any damge

salty tank

Originally Posted by carshark
hahhahaa hilarious

funny you mention new orleans yet that plate looks foreign to me...funny stuff

Those plates are foriegn and that shark is SOOOOO FAKE