Should I be doing anything more for my Live/Dead Rock?

cam78

I am currently seeding dead rock, actually called Reef Saver Rox with 25 lbs. of live rock. I have it in a small hard pond liner (70 gallons maybe) in my garage. I have a skimmer and a pump (water circulation) in there. Will 25 lbs. seed all 100 lbs of dead rock? Do I need more water circulation or anything else? I am keeping the salinity at
1.021 because I read that rock will cure faster. Should i be adding anything else to help out the process?

cam78

Okay. Thats a cool hint. Is there any Mud I can add or anything I can buy to help this project out? So you know Joe, this is all because the project me and you spoke about is very close to being started.

cam78

Does it matter how much live rock I have with the dead rock? The more live rock the quicker dead will get seeded? Is that true or not?

cprdnick

i would think the protein skimmer would prolong it. same reason people dont run their skimmers during the cycle.
what about heat?

cam78

Originally Posted by cprdnick
http:///forum/post/3271972
i would think the protein skimmer would prolong it. same reason people dont run their skimmers during the cycle.
what about heat?
Really? No protein skimmer? Thought it was a good thing to run one. Anyone else hear this? Heat I got. Thanks

cam78

I also have been, or did put 5 gallons of my tank water in this container. I thought it also might boost the process. I might add another 5 gallons this week. I just take water from my tank, I am not stirring up anything. Any probs with this you think?