should i get this protine skimmer?

i was looking around the internet and i found a few good deals of where i can get a brand new visi jet protine skimmer for 10 ,15 bucks (includeing everything)i know that these are pretty much junk however im running a 20 gallon tank, with 21 pounds of live rock, and 40 pounds of live sand along with a low bio-load, i been getting away with out any skimmer at all, but u think i should get the skimmer?
i already looked into the prizem but do to the tank being in my room where i sleep it has to be quite, that and i would be able to fit this skimmer on my tank better than the prizem
also therse just 1 more question i know i shouldent skimp on the skimmer but i cant live with out a good night sleep, if i get a timer would i be able to put the prizem on a timer on for the day and off durning the night (thats the only way i would get the skimmer ) also if anyone has any pics of it, other than the pic that i see all over the internet can you post it, or e-mail it to nolife1232766691@aol.com
[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: tanker newbie ]

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I know what you mean about getting a good nite's sleep! I think any hangon is going to keep you up, skimmers are noisy. Yes, you can definately get a timer and turn the thing off and on according to your sleep scheudule. Its not as good as running 24/7, but is better than running nothing.

pufferlover

Hey if you can get a deal then go for it. As posted before tho I have a Prizm and I still do not think it is very noisy (but thats my opinion).

does anyone on here have pics of the prizm, the only pic i have seen shows like the diagram of how water flows though it, where the pump is inside, but i would like to see where it sucks the water from the tank and so on and so fourth, also i wanted to know if it has a place where i can connect a tube and have it lead into another spot on the tank(my problem is that the tank is 20 gallons long, and im seeing if its posible to have it hang off of the skilter 400 on 1 side

well it seems that i JUST missed the deal on the skimmer and decided not to look all around the net for another deal like that, but rather decided that ill probly go with a prizem or remora hang on, but i dont know which one would fit my needs better, i know there both pretty good but i would like to get a detialed pic of the prizem b4 i got out and buy it on a whim

panchito

I couldn't copy and paste the pic but click on the link
i've seen them they are pretty sleek, but my concern also is the noise.
sorry guys but that link was to a selling site and thats a not allowed.. please reread the rules on this.. i know you are new to the BB so please take this a warning..
thank you
rlv695
[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: RLV695 ]

feel free to e-mail it to me, rlv i understand why you took it off and quite honestly i agree with swf.com , my e-mail is
nolife1232766691@aol.com