Should I start from Scratch?

alvin

Hello SWF,
Well about a month ago, I had an ich infestation, that wiped out my whole tank, well I was able to save some fish, but I decided to sell it. Well my question is, since my tank has been fishless for about a month, would it be ok if I start a Sea Horse tank? I'm going to change probably about 30% of the water with new salt water.
Or, should I start from scratch, which is remove all water, and possibly clean off live sand?
I always wanted a SH tank before, but because I had regular SW fish, I couldn't get sea horses.
Anyways, I didn't treat the tank with anything, I am just hoping that the ich would die.
So yah, I currently have live sand, and live rock. It's a 110 gal tank.
Any suggestions on what I should do?

ann83

I would leave the tank fishless for another month (so 8-9 weeks total), then do a large water change. After that, the ich should be gone and you should be able to add whatever livestock that you want. If you decide to go with seahorses, make sure to do some research into their temperature (71-74*) and flow (well distributed & not direct) needs, since this tank was originally designed with other livestock in mind.

alvin

Here is my current tank setup by the way:
2 - Fluval 405 Canisters (1 of them has the surface skimmer), basically just has the foam blocks, no media (what should I add if needed)
2 - Korlia #3 pumps
1 - Maxi-Jet 1200
1 - AquaC Remora Pro with Mag 7
2 Heaters, oh should I increase the temp of the tank for now to kill off the ich faster?
That's pretty much it. Anything else I can do, besides leave the tank fishless for another month?
I'll probably create another thread about suggestions on type of SH in a 110 gal tank. (how many, what kinds, etc.)