Should or Shouldn't???

ladies man 246

about two months ago we had to take down my forty gallon tank because the protien skimmer overflowing and one day the water ran down a wire and into the electrical outlet and almost caught on fire. We emptied it and put all my corals and fish to a local fish store. I'm missing my tank and want to put up my old 24 gallon. It had problems like exessive alage growth and really bad red slime. I put all the stuff in my 40 gallon and ever since then it's been sitting in my garage. Should I or shouldn't I put it back up?
If I should is there anything I should do to it? Thankss

karavak

Welll I hear that you should always have a drip loop to prevent the water from running into the sockets.. so if you set it up that would be my only suggestion.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by Ladies Man 246
http:///forum/post/2815024
about two months ago we had to take down my forty gallon tank because the protien skimmer overflowing and one day the water ran down a wire and into the electrical outlet and almost caught on fire. We emptied it and put all my corals and fish to a local fish store. I'm missing my tank and want to put up my old 24 gallon. It had problems like exessive alage growth and really bad red slime. I put all the stuff in my 40 gallon and ever since then it's been sitting in my garage. Should I or shouldn't I put it back up?
If I should is there anything I should do to it? Thankss

Oh come now, we're biased... set that sucker up! rowaphos or another GFO based phosphate absorber will pull phosphates out of the system and keep the algae growth low... there's always the turf scrubber too...

sueandherzoo

I sincerely hope you weren't expecting anyone here to try and talk you out of setting up a tank again because you're going to be sorely disappointed.

And why stop at one? Set them BOTH up! I set up my very first saltwater tank in August of this year and currently have four running. Heck - this isn't addicting or anything.

Sue