Show me ur Pearlberry...

aquaguy24

i've had a pearlberry frag for a couple months now...and its not holding its color..its suppose to be a creamish white base but mines more of a greenish..do they turn to this color overtime or i need to move mine to a brighter spot..i have it kinda in the shade..so i think i need to move it...

aquaguy24

So I endednup moving it today after doing some cleaning of the tank. Hope it's color return. I'm pretty sure it will. All of my other sps has very nice color even the red planet.

stanlalee

see five different pearlperry's and you'll see five different colorations depending on conditions. Mine definately sucks in the color department as well. It has good "pearl" (creme white end branches with a light mint hue) but lacks the "berry" tips and the deep green. I'd post a pic but it just looks white in pics. it does look healthy with decent polyp extension (much better at night) so I'm not concerned even though its lacking.
here are some "stolen" pics of what they should look like:

C

cmaxwell39

Her is a picture of mine. It is one of my favorite corals. Hope yours does well for you.

aquaguy24

Originally Posted by cmaxwell39
http:///forum/post/3095553
Her is a picture of mine. It is one of my favorite corals. Hope yours does well for you.

Wat toe of lighting do u have and where is it in yr tank. Pretty awesome colony u got going. Mine already startng to change colors since I moved it. So hopefully it'll look as good as urs.

C

cmaxwell39

It's about halfway up in a 50 gallon breeder with an aquatinics TX5 fixture over it. For bulbs I am running the following combination front to back:
ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
ATI Aquablue special
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Bule Plus
Thanks for the kind words. Got mine off of this site about 9 months ago. Not the fastest grower, but one of my favorite SPS still.

T

tizzo

This thread is helping me a lot, as my pearlberry is not that pretty either.
From what I'm reading mine is being blasted with way to much light! I have mine near the top with a 250 w right over it!
Thanks to this thread, I will lower it... Which sucks cause he's grown onto his rock beautifully...
BUt for the sake of color, lol...

C

cmaxwell39

I have had this guy under a few different combinations of bulbs ranging from half and half blue plus and aquablue special to a combination with a couple of pure actinics and his color has been very consistent for me.
My current bulb combination I am going for color pop. Because of the size of the tank, growth rate in not nearly as important to me, although I don't think I am sacrificing any with this bulb combo.
I hope you guys can get yours to color up as well. Ever since I first saw a picture of a pearlberry it has been one of my favorite corals. It is still one of my favorites, and for me has been relatively easy to keep color in.