show me your lips!!!

emperor11

Alright guys, I know I'm good looking, but seeing all these fish that want to kiss me, is just overwhelming!
LOL, anyways, excellent pics everyone!!!

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
More lips
hey bang how old is your clown?. i have the same one..i got them kinda small about 8 months ago or soo and they had just a pin strip of black on top, now there almost lost all the orange :thinking: .what kind of clown are they true, false?..when i bought the 2, they were the same size.now one is much bigger..soo i guess i have a mating pair..i just bought a sabea anamone a few days ago.. i hope they host to it

the first 2 pics you can see an orange circle in there tail, two months later, they lost it.
you can can see in the 3rd and 4th pic its solid black now
will they lose all the orange?
in one of the pics you can see the size difference :joy: .the big one must be the female :joy:

laddy

"Black Clowns" are actually ocellaris, if my memory holds true--you'd probably know that when you bought them b/c you would have paid a premium for them. You may have A Percula on your hands, maybe an Onyx? This is a somewhat reasonable assumption. A great color morph.

emperor11

Its no "color morph." Percs darken with age..mine did the same thing. They won't turn totally black, but they will get dark, as they are now.

bang guy

In my opinion it's a color morph. Mine is about 6 years old. The famale is all Orange and is older than the black male.
About 50% of their offspring turn black after a year or so, the other half stay bright orange.
Just my experience.
I'm fairly sure that the Clown pictured above are Ocellaris Clownfish.

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Laddy
"Black Clowns" are actually ocellaris, if my memory holds true--you'd probably know that when you bought them b/c you would have paid a premium for them. You may have A Percula on your hands, maybe an Onyx? This is a somewhat reasonable assumption. A great color morph.
i paid about 30 or 40 bucks for the pair mybe about 6 or 7 months ago
..they were about half the size