Show Me Your Tanks!

ktsdad

Thanks....It is a real pain to clean....36" tall. I would highly recommend the 65 Gal to anyone who is thinking about a hex tank. 65Gal only 24" tall, much easier to clean!
Originally wanted a reef in the hex, but quickly decided against it while setting it up. Not able to reach the bottom of the tank and strong enough lighting not possible without getting rid of the canopy.

ktsdad

Very nice DogStar!
What kind of lights do you use?
Are you sure the Tang Police aren't going to yell at you for having so many tangs in one tank?? :D

S

spike_501

yeah but thats a bloooody big tank im sure he will get away with it

dogstar

ktsdad
I have 3- 250w 10000k MH and 2- 96w 50/50 PC
And yea, the police did come after me but I escaped.

W

wbradenpt

dumb question i know, but where did you get a metal halide fixture to fit inside your canopy, or did you find some way to retrofit them in there yourself. if so, how did you go about it?

dogstar

They are Hamilton Retrofit Kits
You just screw then in the hood where you what them and the balest sits in the cabinet below. Simple :yes:

W

wbradenpt

thanks for reply. one last dumb question: will those be okay to use with the glass cover over the top of the aquarium or do you have to remove all the glass?

ktsdad

Originally posted by Dogstar
ktsdad

That is what I wanted to do with my 60 reef (see picture above) but only 2 250 MH. Unfortunatly the I couldn't find a retro kit that would fit under my canopy (not tall). So I had to go with 4x96 PC and stick with the soft corals.
I have been making lots of notes of how you all are putting together your tanks so when we build our next house I can make sure I have the builder make preparations for a 250 or larger tank with it's own "filtration room". Or maybe a den with 3 walls having built-in tanks and then a filtration room off the side. (dreaming :D
)

bailey52

hey dog, would you mind takin pics of the canopy open, and what not.. your canopy looks a litle bigger then mine.. i would love to see how you put the retrofit kit in.. thanks man tank looks awesome!! i love the tangs together!

rubberduck

Originally posted by Dogstar
ktsdad

many times