show me your zoo's

druluv

Since buying a zoo frag, I fell in love with this coral. I hope that maybe kip of nm_reef can do a little thread on this interesting coral. I don't have any exotic pieces yet but I just started collecting. I have my zoo's under 400 watt radiums and ushios. They seem to like the lighting, however, I'm not sure. So everyone if you have zoo pic pls share.

druluv

I like your camera kip. I can't capture the pink & gold colorations in my pics. I think it because of the radium bulbs or my 1.3 pix camera, or a combination of both.

reefomatic

Originally posted by Kip4130
just a pic to share
100% zo propagation

now thats called a p.mp zoo... niceeeee:happy:
druluv; i have the same ones u got, i think they are called button polyps; here one below

druluv

I do have radiums hqi (2) and the other two are pulse start 400watts. I just can't get colorations in my photos, even though my tank is very bright. That sucks :confused:
the pics I took:
1.Pink Fingers
2.Intense pink fingers
3. speckle gold

druluv

I changed my settings on my camera. I'm getting a little better now.
This one suppose to be gold. I hope

druluv

Kip
I have two dual 400 watt ballast. One is hqi and the other is pulse start. All four bulb are regular mogul socket. The HQI runs the radium, and the pulse runs the 10k ushios. The tank is very bright with these bulbs and ballasts.
I notice when I set my camera to the flower symbol it takes better pics, even though, the flash comes on. The camera is a fuji 1.3 pixels so there not much it can do.
none of us have zoos ?

wablondie98664

"Zoanthids (zoo's is an improper contraction... If anything "Zo's" would be less confusing with Zooxanthellae which begins "zoo"."
heres a quote from a page i found about zoanthids

druluv

So Kip are you going to provide a info on zo's like you did for the bubble coral. Of course If you decide.