Show off your holiday additions!

viper_930

So whatcha guys and gals get during this holiday season so far for your tanks?
My favorite was this micromussa I got myself on friday. It's about the size of a golfball with about 25 killer polyps.

reef diver

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
So whatcha guys and gals get during this holiday season so far for your tanks?
My favorite was this micromussa I got myself on friday. It's about the size of a golfball with about 25 killer polyps.

Hey do micromussas also look like this brown one, mines a softie, and i cannot find it anywhere.

reef diver

Also viper when that thing gets bigger, Ill trade anything for a frag lol!, Ill post my additions for the holidays when I get them on wednesday!

benter

Here is mine after the dreaded heater incident..finally getting a few fish again..My new Flasher wrasse..Merry Christmas to me..

viper_930

Reef Diver, yours looks like a Micromussa diminuta. I was thinking it could be some kind of acan, but the coralites look too small.
I promised the guy I got it from I won't chop it up too soon, so it'll probably be a while until I do. He gave me a great deal on it. Guess he still needed to do some Christmas shopping!
Sweet flasher wrasse Benter.
Anybody else got pics?

benter

thanks reefdiver..oh yeah..not going anywhere..love this way too much ! I have learned that it is much easier to maintain a larger tank than a smaller one though..Happy New Year to Everyone on the boards!!!!

viper_930

I like hoarding, well actually let's just call it collecting.

Anybody else get fishy stuff during these holidays?

demartini

Hi viper...very nice! which fish store did you get that? The lucky goldfish?...and if you don't mind how much did that cost?

garnet13aj

I got a RO/DI unit :joy: it's not worth taking a picture of, but I'm still excited about it and I'm sure my fish will be too.

viper_930

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Hi viper...very nice! which fish store did you get that? The lucky goldfish?...and if you don't mind how much did that cost?
Thanks! I got it at Exotic Reefs. Have you been there? The mother colony is almost a foot long or so with I'm guessing about 200+ polyps. He's also got a nice non-Indo acan lord colony.
Eddie is a friend of my boss so he gave me a great deal on it. The catch was that I promise I don't tell anyone the cost I paid, sorry. He doesn't want people asking for the same price. The regular price on this piece was $500. He's got two more frags ready if you want one.

demartini

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Thanks! I got it at Exotic Reefs. Have you been there? The mother colony is almost a foot long or so with I'm guessing about 200+ polyps. He's also got a nice non-Indo acan lord colony.
Eddie is a friend of my boss so he gave me a great deal on it. The catch was that I promise I don't tell anyone the cost I paid, sorry. He doesn't want people asking for the same price. The regular price on this piece was $500. He's got two more frags ready if you want one.

lucky you! I would love to check out exotic reefs. What city is it located in?
By the way...Do you have any clue as to when aquarium concepts is moving. (sorry, off topic) thanks.

viper_930

ER is at 295 139th Avenue in San Leandro. It's a new shop that just opened last month.
I heard AC is moving in December, so it should be soon if not already.

reef diver

I got me a bi color pseduchromis, baby one! And a rather long 4 inch scissortail dartfish! I cant find the flippin pseduchromis, lol! I also got all the supplies needed for a refugium, but I forgot the return hose! Ooh cant forget my nice orange montipora frag, Ill post pics, tomorrow. Any idea when I should expect the montipora to expand its polyps?