Shrimp ID

goldrush

Hate to disagree,but I know Jumbo and those are definately not Jumbo. I think they are of the genus headless cocktailus,but I'm checking all my books to be sure.

buzz

Tiger shrimp...of the 25-30 count variety I believe...but...I think you have a problem with your heater...seems like it may have gotten a slight bit too warm in that tank...:D

cmpowell

Nice looking specimans zeppelin.Absolutely stunning. :D .Are they hard to care for lighting, current ect.Also i assume they are best kept in groups.:cool:

zeppelin

Originally posted by cmpowell
Nice looking specimans zeppelin.Absolutely stunning. :D .Are they hard to care for lighting, current ect.Also i assume they are best kept in groups.:cool:

As long as the current is bubbley, youre in business. Specific lighting is the under the water/under the pan variety. Kelvin rating does not seem to be important, just so it is strong wattage. Oh, they are a very warm water species also. And yes......garlic is a must!
Larry:cool:

wrassecal

It's hard to tell from the picture:rolleyes: but I would say they are the peelneatus maximus but they could be of the family minimus or even mediumus. Around here they prefer extreme ranges of temperature going directly from boiling to icy water. I have found that instead of garlic they improve immensely with a liberal sprinkling of cajun seasoning.:D HTH