shrimp ?

scottyc

i've been adding to my clean up crew, i have about 15 red leg hermits and i recently added 2 peppermint shrimp. the peppermints are a little more boring than ithought,they hardly ever come out. i was wondering are cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp a good idea to add? are they compatable w/ the peppermints? reef safe? any opinions/experiences guys?

emoezekiel

Yeah I know, I have to peppermints too and they only comeout when it's feeding time. I also have a Skunk Cleaner shrimp and I love this invert. He's always on the top layer of the rock and he swims up to the water level when I hand feed him. Plus he's always out grazing around the rocks. One of my favorites.

duke13

I have 3 Peppermint Shrimps that are attention hogs. Maybe I got lucky but they are far from shy. I also have 3 Saron Shrimp. A Cleaner would be a good addition to your tank. Maybe get 2 of them.

gurgle

I have two fire shrimp, took them about a week to pair-up(got 1 & the next week the other.).They are awsome ,constantly cleaning almost all of my fish! Very interesting to watch & absolutely beautiful!!:joy:

joker_ca

FIRE SHRIMP TEND TO HINDE MORE SINCE THEY COME FROM DEEPER WATER IN A BRIGHT TANK THEY FEEL MORE EXPOSED SO THEY HIDE , SKUNK CLEANER SHRIMPS DO BETTER IN PAIRS AND WILLCOME OUT MORE COMPARED TO FIRE SHRIMP
I ALSO HAND FEED MY SKUNK CLEANER SHRIMP WITH FREZZED-DRIED KRILL, THEY LOVE IT:happyfish