Shrimps and Crab

flipper67

Ok, last week I got 1 crab and 4 Peppermint shrimp for a 46 bow front. One night I saw a shrimp fly by me under moon lights. Will they hide all the time or come out once they get settle in. I only have a Yellow Tang, Clown Fish, Green Chromis and some little pink fish I can't think of it name right now. Phil

S

scoobs

the little pink a wrasse by any chance? they tend to mess with shrimp from time to time.

chipmaker

About the only time I ever see the 6 peppermints in my ne tank is if I happen to be up late at night when the lights are out, and I use a flashlight. They just prefer to stay concealed in the rocks during daylight, and seem to be most active at night.

velvetchs

Originally Posted by chipmaker
About the only time I ever see the 6 peppermints in my ne tank is if I happen to be up late at night when the lights are out, and I use a flashlight. They just prefer to stay concealed in the rocks during daylight, and seem to be most active at night.

That's very surprising. Maybe my peppermint shrimps don't know they are supposed to be nocturnal. (I have 3.) They are out ALL the time. I can't even put my hands in the tank when they aren't out, 'cuz they know and they decide that I need to be cleaned.

S

scoobs

my fire shrimp does that.. i like taking some small pelet food and making my shrimp get it out from under my finger nail ><