Shroom Care

rbrtbiehl

These are my first shrooms that I have put in my previous fish only tank. I am just looking for a few opinions on how people think they are doing. They were much more open and spread out in the store. I have noticed that they appear to have more texture and the mouths seem to be protruded under my lighting/tank setup. Water tests excellent. Lighting is 175watt mh 14,000k bulb, 2x 48" VHO w/ 12,000k and Super Acintic. I know shrooms will mostly just feed from the light correct? Should i be using marine snow also? I add supplements daily and weekly and drip kalkwasser. What else should i be doing?

rbrtbiehl

thanks for the reply. They covered the whole rock in the LFS tank. Now they barely cover 40% of the rock. I think this has to do with my stronger lighting and my tank has more flow through it. The xenia on the other rock I recieved are starting to spread already after a week. Any way of making them or the mushrooms spread onto the back glass? Frag them onto there?

blemmy_guy

Yea sometimes if there not under Metal Halide then you put them under it they will regress or can even die off.But Shrooms are tuff just givbe them a little time. Good luck!
Todd