Sick fish

davidbates

Hey guys, I posted this in the new hobbyist forum but it may fit better in here.
I have a strange problem that has just come up. I have a 250 gallon that is about a year + old. I have a large hippo tang, a good sized naso tang, a clown, a kole tang, and a queen angel. I haven't added anything in the last two months and all has been fine. All of my levels are fine as well. About 3 days ago my queen angel just stopped eating and she is just staying in one corner. All of the other fish are eating fine and seem to be doing just fine. There are no visible signs of parasites on the queen and she actually looks very healthy. She just will not eat. Any suggestions?
P.S.
I did find something lastnight that I thought could have been contributing to the problem. I was feeding flakes late lastnight like I always do and I felt a tingle. I happen to have two hangnails, one on my index finger and one on my thumb (the two fingers I was using to drop the flakes in the water). I put the food in and it almost felt like sticking a 9 volt to my tounge just not as severe. So I immediately started unplugging everything until it stopped. I located it in the pump hooked up to my UV sterilizer. I can see how that should have affected all of the fish but just one? And if that was the problem, will the queen recover? I don't know how long it has been that way and I don't think I would have ever known about it if I would not have had those two hang nails that exposed my skin. I felt so bad for all of my fish for having to go through such an ordeal. Comments and help very much

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quickly install a 2 grounding probes on either end of the tank and in your sump if you have one. Is the equiptment going into your tank on a GFI?? If not, it should be. Install one ASAP. Take care not put your hands in the water.
You have a short somewhere and need to be careful. Angels and Tangs, particularly can be effected by stray voltage going into the tank.