Sideway Clowns?

dmitry

I noticed my two new Clowns are sort of swimming sideways - tilting just a bit. Is that normal for them? I don't remember noticing this right away. They seem ok otherwise... Are Clowns just weird?! :confused:

binhzino

Originally Posted by Dmitry
I noticed my two new Clowns are sort of swimming sideways - tilting just a bit. Is that normal for them? I don't remember noticing this right away. They seem ok otherwise... Are Clowns just weird?! :confused:
Well, my clown did the same thing. It swam near the surface and always stayed near the protein skimmer. However, it died laters.

thejdshow

Originally Posted by Dmitry
My clarkii swims like that before sleeping, and when just waking up. Clowns do often have odd behavior, however It wouldn't hurt to check out your water perimiters just to be on the safe side.
Good Luck!
- JD

dmitry

Well, they're still swimming! Though one of the Clowns occasionally snaps at the other one. Don't know what that's all about.

kaotik

i've had my clown for about 3 months and whenever the lights go out, he swims to the very back left corner between the top of one of my heaters and the protein skimmer and swims as horizontal as possible. Sometimes it looks like he's actually floating on the surface. But every morning he is up and about swimming everywhere. My params are perfect and he is in great health so im not concerned at all.
My conclusion: The name says it all: CLOWNS!!!

dmitry

Mine go to sleep behind the in-take and out-flow tubes of the Fluval. I've always wondered if fish are still when they sleep. I now know they make really exaggerated swimming motions!
And one of them keeps snapping towards the other. I'm going to assume THAT'S the female! I don't know if she's actually biting him or not, and she doesn't harass him or anything. Just occasionally when he's near she'll snap at him! :yes: