Silly Question about pods

mjdcmaki

We have noticed in some of the threads that people talk about pods in their fish tank. What are pods? :thinking:
We also have some tiny hard white specks on the glass of our fish tank and when you try to clean them off they scratch the glass. What are these? If anyone can tell me.

T

thomas712

You were given a pretty good thread about pods, as to the tiny white things, sounds like your talking about spirorbidae worms.

mjdcmaki

Looking at your good picture of one here it sure looks just like this one posted (using our magnifying glass) Are they harmful to the tank or any thing else in the tank.

T

thomas712

Harmless filter feeder, actually a sign of a good tank, you can just scrape them off.
Thomas

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by Thomas712
You were given a pretty good thread about pods
I wonder who wrote that thread *nudge* I always give the link to that thread when people have pod questions

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Harmless filter feeder, actually a sign of a good tank, you can just scrape them off.
Thomas
I got bunch of those on my live rocks and some on my glass. Last night I saw a bunch of pods crawling everywhere on the rocks, I had to flash it with a flash light to see them when the lights are off. :happyfish