Silly question

sergeant

How do you stop water from overflowing your sump on a tank drilled at the bottom. It hasnt happen but just in case the return pump die!!! :notsure:

S

sebae0

i beleive you have to have a stand pipe built up to the water line otherwise the tank would fully drain. by standpipe i mean pvc put inplace thru the overflow high enough even with the water line. now i dont have one but maybe someone with more exp could chime in.

gregvabch

yeah that's basically it. if the power does go out it will create a reverse siphon. a hole right below the water line in your return plumbing will break the siphon.

B

big911dog

and turn the power off under supervision to see what happens to make sure the siphon break is working before the power company has a chance to screw up ur tank and house!
p.s. my sergeant says sergeants dont ask silly questions. ur question wasnt silly, but are u telling me they've been lying to me?

gregvabch

careful with check valves as they can clog. they can also increase head pressure which may cause abnormal wear and decreased gph.
i second the recommendation to kill the power in a "controlled" setting, so you know what to expect when it happens and you're not around.

sergeant

Thanks guys.
Big911Dog
p.s. my sergeant says sergeants dont ask silly questions. ur question wasnt silly, but are u telling me they've been lying to me?
I guess your sergeant wants to know every detail to stay on top of his game. He also have a supervisor he has to answer to. :joy: