silversides

sloth54

where can i get these to feed my sfe? Do they just sell them at the supermarket? is silversides what they would be called there?

I pick up mine at the LFS. Not sure if there is really any other place to buy them. They are frozen, of course. Depending on the size fish you're feeding, they come in really small size to pretty darn big. I have a large lion that consumes the really big ones and I use the small ones in the reef. They're seasonal, so stock up before the end of the season to carry you through.

ryebread

The most common brand available is Sally's Silversides at your LFS. If they don't have them in stock........they can order them. Depending on how large your Snow Flake is, you might also want to try Sally's Sand Eels.

m.rogers

i don't know about you guys but by me you can get them a the bait shop for fishing not sure if this is the same silversides but they sell them as silversides.
mike

finland

What are you feeding your sfe right now. The reason I ask, is because I have had a sfe for 2 years, and I have fed him a seafood mix I buy from an oriental food store. Recently I purchased some silversides for something different for the eel. He doesn't touch them. He grabs them and then spits them out. I guess he developed a taste for shrimp, cuttlefish and octopus, and now a fish just doesn't cut it. LOL. Your lfs should have silversides though. I have never heard of them in a grocery store.

jonthefb

check with your lfs...as rye said, if they dont sstocke them, they can get them.....if not, try a bait shop!
good luck
jon