simple fish question

Hi, most of you have read my posts and know that my uncle gave me his saltwater tank and everything before he moved and i'm still in the cycling proses but i was just wondering would it hurt to and a snial or two to the tank? and the tank has lots of stuff already for em to eat and would this help the cycling proses go faster?

brian'sreef

on the contrary inverts can live in a tank that's not fully cycled.. but i'd at least wait two weeks into the process and providing the fact that you have algal growth for them to eat and your water parameters are good adding acouple mind you only a couple snails or hermits wouldn't hurt.. adding too many will only result in a shortage of food in an unestablished tank just try to hold off for four weeks before adding fish..good luck
Brian

susiepan

Corvette,
Honey, it sounds like your bustin a spleen , to add "Something" to that tank....One thing this Hobby,(Which is more like a profession) will teach you is to SLOW DOWN...and have patience..
Mostly all of your posts ask about adding this or that, even after being asked NOT to add things to your tank just yet...I mean , hey,..Its your tank...do what you want...BUT, if you want stuff to live...wait just alittle more...No one here is trying to torture you by making you wait to do your tank...They are telling you to wait, so you dont torture what ever you plan on adding,, by adding them too early..IF you do get snails...just one or two....Personally I wouldnt yet, cause they will starve...
Do you mind if I ask how old you are??? If you dont want to tell me thats OK too..
I know it drove me nuts to wait, and then wait again after I put something into my QT tank, but it is the best way...
GL with your tank
~Susie :rolleyes:

i know i've been asking to put this and that in there only if it's a good idea but i'm to excited to wiat but if i have to i will i just don't like seeing an empty tank other than the live rock and i'm 14 turning 15 this month on the 15th why you ask? i thought about wiating till my B-day to get any fish for my tank but like you siad you know the feeling of wanting to add stuff to it but on the other hand i do want the best for my tank and fish so if i gotta i'll wiat :(
PS how mutch money will it cost aproximitely a month to keep a good maintianed tank??

susiepan

Corvette,
Well an early Happy B-day to you!!!!!
My Grandsons birthday is today (he's 2) and my Hubbys B-day is the 6th....
Looks like some GREAT people born in this month.. :)
Just was asking, no particular reason,you just sounded a little like my son, who is 14, thats all..
~Susie
PS..Good for you on waiting on the fish and stuff.. :)