------- site t5HO's

iamjoefox

so i bounced between getting the 6 bulb nova extreme and this 8 bulb e b a y light. i decided to give the e b a y fixture a shot since i cant seem to get the bigger is better voice out of my head.
well i figured id show everyone what it looks like.
heres my old 4x65w power compact, looks wierd bc i had a 420nm on the right and 460nm on the left

heres the 8 bulb t5

actinic only

only a few complaints so far, tho i have only had it for 2 days. took 2 and 1/2 weeks to get here. and the aluminun housing gets very hot to the touch

the maggot

[hr]
so i bounced between getting the 6 bulb nova extreme and this 8 bulb e b a y light. i decided to give the e b a y fixture a shot since i cant seem to get the bigger is better voice out of my head.
i'm bouncing myself. Please share your thoughts on the cheap light. was it worth it? It does look good. nice tank!

iamjoefox

well so far yeah i think it was worth it, seems to be a solid quality fixture. it was only $335 including the shipping. like i said it does seem to get pretty hot so i guess it could use some better fans. also it has 8 moonlights that are on a dimmer.
thanks, i cant wait to start filling it with coral!

manycolors

sorry, i didn't read.... it looks really good, i think i'm going to start saving for these bulbs. keep me updated on how they are if you don't mind.... also, do they get hot??