six-line wrasse?

wfd1008

Has anyone have experience with these guys, and if so you would recommend them? Why/Why not? Thanks.

noah's nemo

I've had mine for a couple years now.Bothers noone.Others will say that thiers are complete pests,so i guess its hit or miss with these guys.I would recommend one however

browniebuck

We have had two (at different times) in our 29 and have never seen any aggression...as was said above, others will swear that they are the devil, but ours have both been model citizens in our aquarium.

btldreef

I HATE THEM! lol (I really do though)
I bought mine because I had a flat worm issue and some one told me it would be a good idea (I didn't know any better at the time). Okay, it attacked every fish in my tank, literally every single fish. It tore apart the fin on my Coral Beauty, it killed a mandarin (not over food, purely just because it could) and chased my clowns and goby all over the tank. Evil little fish.
A lot of people on this forum will tell you that they're the "fish from hell." I'm pretty sure Florida Joe hates his too.
I was lucky enough to get mine stuck in the overflow, took him as a "gift" to the LFS. Went back two weeks later only for the owner to tell me that the sixline continued to beat on and kill fish in every tank he tried to put it in and eventually sold it to a guy who was putting it in an aggressive tank (I think he fed it to his shark tank to be completely honest with you).
Here's the issue with these guys: Some people have luck, some don't. If you are one of the people that don't have luck with it, GOOD LUCK CATCHING IT!
They will learn every inch of your rock work within 2 seconds of being in the tank and they're small and fast. They're are much nicer wrasses out there

halamaya

I had one that was great for over a year and then he went crazy. Killed any new fish that I tried to put in. Went right for their eyes and he was fast, killed a fairy wrasse in one night. Was killing my peppermint shrimp, and finally my mandarin. I took the whole rock he was sleeping in out of the tank to get him out.

adee

We got one about a week ago... so far, so good. It hasnt bothered anything yet. I will second the comment about knowing the rocks

btldreef

Originally Posted by wfd1008
http:///forum/post/3202531
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind. so what would be a "nicer" wrasse?
All flashers and fairies are much nicer and more peaceful. I was devastated when my Carpenter Fairy Wrasse jumped

mr.clownfish

i only have experience with six lines and red coris wrasses. six line is not too bad, it picks on my smaller clownfish a little but no real aggression. the red coris wrasse i had is an amazing fish, it was an angel, it only searched for food all day long. i didnt know it needed a 100+ gal tank so i gave him up as soon as i found out.

aussie chicago

Ive had mine for almost 9months and hes not aggressive at all towards other fish,so as others say,its a matter of luck.Its a great looking fish,very striking colors,and very active.Ive also heard that flamehawks are very aggressive,mine gets along very well with others,a fish full of personality.