sixline problems

meanteen

i ve had a six line for more then 4 months and recently bought a pair of red fire fish and the six line is realy mean to them and the sixline is usually not that way if the firefish trys to get out of the rock work for any reson the sxline charges toward them.any reson why

dogstar

Thats sounds like an expected result of adding firefish ( one of the most timid species in the hobby ) in with an established Sixline. Firefish should be kept with very peacefull and not so active tankmates if in a smallish system.
Most likely IMO, this will continue and the firefish will perish. I hope Im wrong.....

92protruck

I too have the same problem. My firefish (recently added) and 6 line got along fine for about 3 months then one day the 6 line (added 2 years ago) decided he didn't care for the firefish. Everytime the FF attempts to leave his hole in the LR the 6 line charges him back into the hole. My FF hasn't seen outside his hole in several months..don't know how long he can survive like that. I hand feed him with a turkey baster in his hole. Bummer!

yacobito

I had a 6-line for over a year and everything was fine. One day he snapped and started chasing everyone and thing in my tank, percs, shrimp (killed one) and feather duster. He was like this for a couple weeks before I had to take him out and take him back to the LFS, but some people never have problems with them at all.

kmc

I had pretty much the same experience with a six line. Everything was fine for 4 months then he all of the sudden went psycho and started killing the other fish. New or old didn't matter. Got down to him and one poor little false perc. The sixline went back to the LFS.