Skarlet Skunk Cleaner

tmtoucan

I'm interested in purchasing a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp but I'm worried that he may eat my Hermit Crabs. Will he and what do these shrimp eat.

jacknjill

cleaner shrimps dont eat hermits. i have one and he eats whatever i give him. shrimp pelletes, mysis, brine, floating flakes, anything

nm reef

Mine have never bothered any of its tank mates....except for cleaning them of parasites and such. I keep skunks and blood reds and peppermints...and I'd love to add a couple of sexy's if I could find 'em...they take after most foods offered and never bother the fish/crabs/snails in the least. Great creatures to have in my opinion.

mudplayerx

Not much eats hermit crabs, especially the blue-legged variety which you have to worry about them eating your other tankmates.

lefty

My pair of scarlet skunks are a riot. They always scurry around on the rocks trying to get as close to my clownfish as they can to clean them. Today, I saw one climb up the side of the tank and then jump to the surface for a piece of the fish food. It was pretty amusing. :)
-lefty

claire_r

My cleaner is such a little puppy dog! Whenever I sit and stare at the tank (several times a day LOL) he "runs" up to the front to look back at me.
This afternoon I reached down into the tank for something and before I could pull my hand back out, he and one of my peppermint shrimps were all over my hand, cleaning me off. I found out that you have to be careful, though. I got a paper cut at work and they were very persistent in wanting to clean it. Ouch!
claire