Skilter 400

I have a skilter 250, and had it for 5 yrs. The skimmer part works like crap, and is noisy. I ended up taking the skimmer part out of it and it makes a great mechanical filter and gives some extra flow to the tank. If you have not bought one yet, I would suggest to get a good protien skimmer, and if you want a filter, get an Emporer 400. The Emporers are a great filter, and not very expensive. Skimmers, on the other hand, are something you really don't want to skimp on IMO. I have a prizm skimmer, but would like to upgrade into the Berlin series.

thakid2u

I just Trashed my 400. I bought another 55 gal. and the guys said he would throw it in. OKay well Fine I cant say NO to free stuff. Never used it until I blew a seal on my current Filter. Used it for about a month and ended up with a Tank that was about worthless. Fish had HLLE and Specs were all over. Found out this was to the fact the NOT ENUFF CARBON. Only little floss type Carbon on there, THIS HURT. Needless to say that this Filter ended up in Trash, Went to tsame place I got it and THe same guy that was giving it for free and hyping it up, was now telling be they are junk. GO FIGURE. I hate that place.