Skimmer and return question

sj022698

I have a mag 7 coming through my return with 3/4" tubing and it is a 72 gallon bow front reef ready. It came with a "Y" directional nozzle lifelock but it looks like it is shooting some air with it, kind of snowy? It that just misc. stuff floating around and it just looks like it's coming out the nozzle since I just transferred tanks yesterday?
Also, my skimmer isn't really producing bubbles, the skimmer has been running about 10-12 days and there is residue in the cone in the top cap. Am I doing something wrong?

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by sj022698
I have a mag 7 coming through my return with 3/4" tubing and it is a 72 gallon bow front reef ready. It came with a "Y" directional nozzle lifelock but it looks like it is shooting some air with it, kind of snowy? It that just misc. stuff floating around and it just looks like it's coming out the nozzle since I just transferred tanks yesterday?
Also, my skimmer isn't really producing bubbles, the skimmer has been running about 10-12 days and there is residue in the cone in the top cap. Am I doing something wrong?
Not sure what you mean, maybe someone can help you with that. This is what I get from reading what you wrote, it's shooting something out of the return in the display, kinda cloudy bubble stuffs. If it's newly setup, it will shoot stuffs out that got caught in the sump, it is by your protein skimmer? I had that problem with my protein skimmer producing bubbles by my return pump and it was making some major micro-bubbles in my display tank. The way I took care of that is by placing a prefilter box underneath the return of the protein skimmer, that did the trick. What kind of skimmer is it? It probably needs some adjustment done. Mine started producing bubbles 2 days after setup. :happyfish