Skimmer not skimming

ohioreef

I have a SeaClone skimmer. While it's not the best one out there, mine has done pretty well, up to now.
I put in a phosphate reactor and now it seems that my skimmer isn't pulling much out.
I read that DOCs will bind to PhosBan. I am running RowaPhos, but my understanding is that they are basically the same.
Could my DOCs be binding to my phosphate media thus causing my skimmer to skim less?
Thanks

dacia

What bergamer said was my problem not too long ago. I had to take the airline and flush it out. The salt was beginning to solidify and stop the skimmer from doing anything more than moving water around a little.
I have a different skimmer, but the problem was the same.
It doesn't seem like your skimmer would stop working because of phosphate media...mine didn't.

ohioreef

Yeah, I've done that. I'm planning on doing a good cleaning of my sump later this week, including my skimmer, so hopefully that will help things out.

ohioreef

I seem to have fixed my skimmer. I didn't realize how dirty it had gotten. I took it apart and it was full of hair algae and all kinds of other junk. Cleaned it up good and it's already producing a good amount of foam!!!