skimmer problem...

bentrue

hello all. i know this isn't the equipment forum, but i figured i would get a lot more responses here. so here is the question...
i have been running a seaclone skimmer for the last 2 years, which has been working pretty well. lately it has started to slack off from its original production resulting in some tank issues. everything else in the tank (water changes, chemical additives, top offs, feedings, no new tank additions) has remained the same during this time.
so, i am in the market for a new skimmer. because of my tank set-up it has to be a hang-on model. in your opinions, what is the best hang-on skimmer on the market? what has been working well for your tanks? thanks in advance!

dima96

if your looking for a new hang-on go with a remora or you could modify your seaclone. i can't remember where the dirctections are maybe look around in the diy forums on this and other boards.

nm reef

For a 29 gal display I'd suggest the CPR BacPac 2r...its a decent skimmer for the money...and I've found them to be effective on systems of 55 gal or less. Their products are good quality and the have great customer service after the purchase.

raisin

HAVE YOU TRIED OR HEARD OF THE PRIMIM SKIMMER I HAD ONE ONE MY 76 BOW AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM I JUST UPGRADED TO A 155 BOW WITH SEAHORSES AND I ADDED ANOTHER ONE WITH NO PROBLEM GOOD LUCK

raisin

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED OR HEARD OF A PRIZIM SKIMMER I HAD ONE ON MY 76 BOW AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM NOW I UPGRADED TO A 155 BOW I HAVE SEAHORSES AND ADDED ANOTHER PRIZIM AND NEVER HAD ANY REGRETS GOOD LUCK