Skimmer problem

cichlidfor

I bought A Coralife Super Skimmer for 65 gallons not to long ago along with my Red Sea Prizm Deluxe Skimmer so I have two for my 55 gallon tank. But the Coralife requires 6 inches for hang on use between the wall and the tank bit I do not have 6 inches. So my other option is a sump but I have no idea how to setup a sump, don't know what to buy for it and was wondering how much it would cost for a in-sump skimmer in my stand. I am not going to waste this good skimmer so is there any solutions to my problem.
And just for the record, I am not moving my tank up a couple of inches to make the hang on work. Maybe I could hang it on the side?

squidd

Setting up a simple sump to place equipment beneath the tank is not that hard even for the uninitiated...But it will cost a few bucks for the tank, pump and overflow...
Hanging the better skimmer on the side for now (and getting the benifits from it) while you save and collect parts and build and install sump would put the equipment you already have into use...

dogstar

Overflow boxes need room between tank and wall as well so measure befor you buy one, The aqua C remora skimmer is pretty thin so you might want to look into them if you want.