Skimmer problems!

dstoneburg

I have a coralife skimmer setup on my 80g. I set it up and its been broken in. For some reason I cant get it to produce bubbles, I may not have it setup correctly, as I purchased my entire setup used. I do wish I had the instructions and or a detailed explanation on how they are suposed to be setup. Currently its hanging in the sump with a pump pushing water into it and it also has a small hose connected to the pump and the outflow tube? If I remove the small hose from the output tube it starts to bubble but it makes a very loud suction noise. Any help or advice is very appreciated!
Also went through and checked all the lines, they are free and clear, not blocked a bit.
Edit: the problem was I had the output tube completly submerged into the water to reduce the sound. So how do I get rid of the splashing noise seeing as I cant have my output hose submerged?

lawman

I will try to find mine, but when I bought my corallife skimmer used I went to their website and was able to download a complete owners manual.