Skimmer Question/suggestions

re_vogel

I am looking to get a new skimmer for my 100 gal which includes the volume in the sump. I was concidering a reef octopus extreme 160 as I want a skimmer that will overskim my system and I liked what I say when I looked at it. But I figured with all the experienced people on these forums I would ask for opinions/suggestion on alternatives.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by re_vogel
http:///forum/post/2956221
I am looking to get a new skimmer for my 100 gal which includes the volume in the sump. I was concidering a reef octopus extreme 160 as I want a skimmer that will overskim my system and I liked what I say when I looked at it. But I figured with all the experienced people on these forums I would ask for opinions/suggestion on alternatives.
Octo Extream 160 or MSX 160 will work just fine.I have the MSX 160 and i like it a lot on my 125.

They sure look like the same unit minus the stickers. All the specs are the same also. I would go with whoever has the best price on them. I will be doing the same thing in the very near future. I am building a sump now and will go with one of these units.