Skimmer Question

chub

My skimmer broke and its going to take all week till the parts come. Is it going to harm anything not running it till I get it fixed?

flower

This is ONLY my opinion...I am no expert, so if somebody thinks the info to be wrong pipe in.
In the middle of the week do a 15% water change, It will be fine. Some people don't even own skimmers (tank size ?), I don't think it wise but it won't kill anything. The only reason I think for the water change is to keep the tank looking pristine and to be absolutely sure everything is okay.
The stuff skimmers pull out can't be tested for. So doing tests won't tell you if particles of micro whatever’s are there or not.

wax32

As long as you have a good amount of mature live-rock you won't have a problem at all.

pbnj

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3002565
This is ONLY my opinion...I am no expert, so if somebody thinks the info to be wrong pipe in.
In the middle of the week do a 15% water change, It will be fine. Some people don't even own skimmers (tank size ?), I don't think it wise but it won't kill anything. The only reason I think for the water change is to keep the tank looking pristine and to be absolutely sure everything is okay.
The stuff skimmers pull out can't be tested for. So doing tests won't tell you if particles of micro whatever’s are there or not.
+1

E

eric b 125

yeah, chub, you'll be cool. what happened to the skimmer? what kind of skimmer is it?