skimmer water

alanwest

Its kinda off subject but does anyone know if skimmer water makes for good fertalizer. Or the water that u take out during water changes

weberian

I don't know what your nitrate levels are, but my change water is probably not high enough for me to lug the buckets any further than my toilet.
I do think my goldfish freshwater would be useful with high nitrates, but if it hasn't been dry out, I usually lug the 4 5-gal buckets over to the washing machine and spin the water out into the sewer. Waste of good fertilizer I know. Just trying to save my back. If I pumped it out a cellar window, I would try that, but I have no spare pump powerful enough for that.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Weberian
I don't know what your nitrate levels are, but my change water is probably not high enough for me to lug the buckets any further than my toilet.
I do think my goldfish freshwater would be useful with high nitrates, but if it hasn't been dry out, I usually lug the 4 5-gal buckets over to the washing machine and spin the water out into the sewer. Waste of good fertilizer I know. Just trying to save my back. If I pumped it out a cellar window, I would try that, but I have no spare pump powerful enough for that.

salt water is going to rot your washing machine out prematurely. Also, if you have a septic system i don't think its a good idea to put the water into it.