skimmer, whats best?

guppy_puppy1

Thanks Josh and Puff(er)daddy! Am glad its nothing bad, my next question is what kind of skimmer? Also, do I run my powerhead all the time? I read somewhere that most fish like a quieter currant at night to sleep, and to shut it off. I am wondering also about a Potters angel, how well do they get along with others. I have a royal gamma, a four line damsel, a marron clown , and a bubble anemone, all are doing great! The snails I did not add water to the bag and will try that, Thanks a bunch. ;)

Do some research on skimmers to see what type best fits your set-up. You might want a hang-on model or a sump model. See what best fits YOUR tank. I have a Berlin Turbo Classic which I just setup. I have a in sump skimmer. The hang on model would have best fit my tank. That's why I said to do some research first. Good luck.

I forgot to add that your powerheads should be on at all times. It's often said on the bb that "the ocean never stays still". Use timers to have them come on at different times and all together.

von_rahvin

i use a Berlin in sump skimmer. I like the in sumps better cause the remove an ugly skimmer frome view. It was a personal choice.

fshhub

do you want a hang on, insump, or what?
2d, how much do youwish to spend, tehre is a great difference in price ranges, but, there are some good ones, in each range, but i would opt for the best that i could afford, even if it meant stretching (5 or 10 extra $, but i would not spend and extra 100 over my budget) skimmer is a great tool and shouldnot be shorted
get back, and maybe we can fill in the blanks better