skimmer

A

angelofdeath132

whats a good, fairly cheap($100 or so), skimmer to get for my 55 FO tank?

bartman

If i am not mistaken Prism makes a hang on type skimmer and its about 89 or so. Been a while bit i think that price is close.
Bartman

A

angelofdeath132

how hard are they to setup and run? because i know virtually nothing about a skimmer.the only thing i've read from alot of people who have the seaclone is to open the valve all the way and let 'er rip!

bluemarlin

You get what you pay for. For me, I didn't like th prism and I bought a Berlin Classic Turbo. It cost me twice what you are looking to spend but in my opinion its worth it. Good luck in whatever you choose!

I have a Seaclone 100 running in the sump of my 90g. I initially ran it as a hang on til I got my permanent tank set up. It was a bit tricky on the airline adjustment for several weeks. Finally got to the point where I opened it all the way up and it is running fine. Seems to be doing a good job. Online prices are in the $70 range.

S

sandy

Does the seaclone blow micro bubbles into the tank? I'm thinking about getting one until I can afford the Berlin Turbo.

c_bell

I am wondering the same thing. Right now im stuck between CPR bak-pak and the seaclone. I have the CPR bak-pak on my 55 Gal FOWLR and its workerd out pretty good, but i hear good things about the Seaclone. I need one for my 46 gal bow front. ;)