Skimmers

serpent

I have heard people talking about skimmers that they have made themselves and I was wondering how well they work and if anyone has done this before. Please help. :confused:
Nate

serpent

Hey Trey, do you have a diagram of how you built that. I have seen many out there and I am getting pretty confused. All of them are telling me different things to use. Would it be better to use PVC or acrylic? What would you recommend and if you do have instructions or diagrams, that would be great. Maybe you could point me in the right direction to find a good set of instructions and diagrams. Thanks. :confused:

ironreef

depends on what skimmer you are talking about. aerofoamers 8" models kick 6" models but. becket injector skimmer the most powerful skimmer 8" is better.Do a search on the web if you need more info. can't post here. But 6" skimmers are good. I chose a 6x30 then saw a 8x 24 which kicks my skimmers but same pump same skimmer.I though height was better but the 8" have more surface area that makes up for the height. But not all models,brands diy ect.. this may apply to