Skittish Tang

pmob7714

I just got my first yellow tang yesterday. I was just wondering if it is normal for them to be very jumpy at first? Every time I go over to the tank and look it bolts and hides in the the lr. The tang is pretty much king of the tank with two small perc clowns that keep thier distance. Also, I was wondering about feeding. The lfs feed all its fish frozen brine shrimp. I want to feed it seaweed but it won't touch it. It munches out on the lr but I don't thats enough to keep it healthy. Anyone have any advise?

mrdc

Being skiddish is normal. I would go with mysis shrimp instead of brine. Also, you may want to add garlic to the seaweed. My Blue Regal wouldn't touch it for a day or two but devours it now and I add garlic. She also checks out the veggie clip every few mintues to see if more will magically appear.

alyssia

Yes, skittish is normal. Brine shrimp has no nutritional value so go with mysis. Their is also a frozen food called emerald entree that my tangs go nuts over, it is a mix of food that has seaweed in it.